Dairy not your thing? This rich tomato soup subs cream for cashews without sacrificing any flavor. The cashews also provide healthy plant-based fats that can help stabilize blood sugar and keep hunger pangs at bay.
- 3 cupTomatoes, canned – drained
- 1Onion, raw
- 4Garlic, clove
- 1 1/2 cupCashews, raw
- 3 tbspOlive Oil
- 2 cupVegetable Broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 tspCelery Salt
- Combine all ingredients in the pitcher in the order listed and cover with the pitcher lid. Make sure the vented lid cap is inserted and secure before blending.
- Start the blender on LOW. Once ingredients are mixed and level, increase speed to HIGH until fully puréed, about 1 minute.
- Transfer soup to a small saucepan on the stovetop and heat over medium until warmed through. Serve with desired toppings.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.