Known as pitaya, dragon fruit, and strawberry pear, people can’t seem to get enough of this vibrant, tropical fruit! Since most tropical fruits can be a bit pricey when they’re fresh, we like using frozen pitaya – available in your supermarket’s freezer aisle 365 days a year. Not only does the red or pink variety offer bold, beautiful color to your favorite smoothies and smoothie bowls, it also delivers immune-supporting antioxidants and about 4 grams of fiber in a one-cup serving.
- 1 cupDragon Fruit (Pitaya), frozen puree
- 1/2 cupPineapple, frozen
- 2Dates, pitted
- 1/2 cupCoconut Water
- 1/2 tbspLime Juice
- 2 tbspCoconut, unsweetened flakes
- 1/3 cupIce – optional
- Add ingredients to the NutriBullet® cup in the order listed and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with toppings of your choice - or one tablespoon of unsweetened coconut flakes, one tablespoon of pumpkin seeds, and fresh pineapple slices, if desired.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.