Horchata is a sweet and creamy traditional Mexican beverage that is definitely worth trying. Feel free to substitute the evaporated milk for another plant-based alternative if dairy isn't your thing.
- 2 cup White Rice – soaked overnight, drained
- 4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk – or milk of choice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground – or two cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar – or sweetener of choice
- Add all ingredients into the pitcher. Run Extract setting 2 times.
- Strain mixture into a large pitcher. Add ice to Horchata.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon into individual servings and enjoy!
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.