Oats are delicious when prepared, baked, or added to smoothies. But have you ever tried oat milk? This creamy and vegan milk alternative is super easy to make and requires just two simple ingredients that you most likely already have. Enjoy it over your favorite cereal, in your smoothies, or on its own!
- 1/2 cupOats, rolled, gluten-free
- 2 cupWater
- Soak oats in water overnight, or for at least four hours. Strain before using.
- Add ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth.
- Strain the oat milk in a nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
- Pour into an airtight bottle or jar with a lid. Store in the fridge until ready to use, no longer than seven days.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.