This wonderfully luscious and creamy asparagus soup is perfect for the vegetarian or vegan in your life! With no added heavy cream or cheese, you'd be surprised at how decadent this soup is. It's all thanks to the cashews, which after a long soak and a blend, lend a heavenly creaminess that doesn't compare. Even the meat-lover in your home will love this one. Would you like some cheese on that? Add two tablespoons of grated Parmigiano Reggiano for an extra bit of magic.
- 3 cupAsparagus, raw
- 1/2Onion, sweet, raw
- 3Garlic, clove
- 1/2 cupCashews, raw – soaked for 4 to 8 hours
- 1/4 tspCelery Seeds
- 1/4 tspCayenne Pepper Powder
- 1 tbspLemon Juice
- 1 tbspOlive Oil
- 2 cupVegetable Broth, low-sodium
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop off the ends of the asparagus, cut in half, drizzle in oil, and roast 25 to 30 minutes with the peeled garlic cloves and onion until tender. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add all room temperature ingredients to your NutriBullet and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Heat soup over the stove until warm and serve.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.