Zucchini season is in full swing and they’ve taken over the farmer’s markets! To pick out the best zucchini squash that’s bursting with flavor, choose the ones that aren’t too large – once they grow too big, their flavor diminishes. Zucchini is very high in complex carbohydrates, which is excellent for sustained energy production, as well as antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber. To get the most nutrients, try steaming or lightly cooking the squashes instead of eating them raw.
- 2Zucchini, fresh
- 1Onion, raw
- 1 tbspLime Juice
- 1 1/2 cupVegetable Broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cupGreek Yogurt, plain, non-fat
- 1/8 tspCumin, ground
- 1/2 tspSea Salt
- Grill or broil zucchini and onion until tender.
- Allow ingredients to cool completely to room temperature, 21°C/70°F or less.
- Once cooled completely, add the zucchini and the onion to your NutriBullet along with the broth and blend briefly.
- Add cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and half the avocado to NutriBullet and blend again. Transfer soup to a glass bowl and chill for one hour.
- Once ready to serve, stir in Greek yogurt and cumin to thicken the soup and add flavor. Pour the creamy cold soup into portioned bowls and top with the other half of the diced avocado.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.