Cauliflower is having a moment, and rightfully so. Lower in carbohydrates and calories than your standard mashed potato recipe, this flavorful dish also offers up some serious health benefits. Cauliflower contains compounds called glucosinolates, which are not only responsible for imparting this characteristic pungent, spicy flavor, they also have been linked to reducing oxidative stress and inflammation. Our dairy-free cashew cream (see the Mac & Cheese recipe) makes this cauliflower mash especially creamy and flavorful!
- 6 cupCauliflower, chopped and steamed
- 4 tbspOlive Oil
- 4Garlic, clove
- 1/2 tspSea Salt
- 1/4 tspBlack Pepper, ground
- 1/4 cupCashew Cream – see Mac and Cheese recipe
- 2 tbspParsley – minced, reserve half for garnish
- 1/2 tspThyme – minced, reserve half for garnish
- 1 tbspRosemary, fresh – minced, reserve half for garnish
- Cut cauliflower into even florets and steam until very tender.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to paper towels to cool. Once they reach room temperature, ring out to remove excess water.
- Transfer cooled cauliflower to the blender pitcher and add the rest of the ingredients and half of the minced herbs. Pulse until combined.
- Heat in a pot until warm. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl or serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- When ready to serve, garnish with chopped parsley, thyme, and rosemary.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.