Homemade cashew milk beats anything you'll find in stores. Free of added sugars and preservatives, this creamy and dairy-free milk alternative contains raw cashews for healthy doses of fiber and protein. Enjoy it on its own or in your favorite smoothies!
- 1 cupCashews, raw
- 2 cupWater
- Soak cashews in water overnight, or for at least four hours. Strain before using.
- Add ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth.
- Pour into an airtight bottle or jar with a lid. Store in the fridge until ready to use, no longer than seven days.
- Optional: Strain the milk after blending for an even smoother consistency.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.