This fresh and tangy marmalade is the perfect pick-me-up in the morning! Made with fresh clementine and lemon juice and naturally sweetened with dates, the Caramelized Clementine Marmalade will be the star of any breakfast spread.
- 12Clementine – peeled
- 2 tbspLemon Juice
- 1 cupCoconut Sugar
- 2Dates, pitted
- 2 tbspChia Seeds
- 2 tbspCornstarch – dissolved in 4 tablespoons of water
- Blend clementine, lemon juice, coconut sugar, and dates for 10 seconds.
- Add mixture to a small to medium pot and stir in chia seeds and cornstarch.
- Bring to a full boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes until the jam appears thick, stirring often. To test, put a small dollop on a chilled plate and put it in the freezer for one minute. If the jam sets, it is ready.
- Store in jars in the refrigerator for about a week. To store for longer, follow jarring and sterilization procedures before adding mixtures to jars.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.