Squash and apples: it's a match made in autumnal heaven. Whip this one up and start living your fall fantasy. The vibrant color isn't just for show; the ingredients in this soup are rich in phytonutrients with health-protecting benefits.
- 3 cupButternut Squash, raw – cut into 1" cubes
- 1White Onion – peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 1Green Apple – peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 2 tbspOlive Oil
- 3 cupVegetable Broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 tspSea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Toss the butternut squash, apples and onion in olive oil with salt and pepper and spread out on an oven-safe sheet pan. Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Combine roasted squash, apples, and onion with the remaining ingredients in the pitcher and attach the pitcher lid with the vented lid cap inserted.
- Start the blender on LOW power. As soon as the ingredients are mixed, increase power to MEDIUM and blend until fully puréed, about 1 minute. Only make soup in the pitcher with vented lid attached. NEVER use the sealed NutriBullet® cup with any hot ingredients.
- If the soup is not warm enough, transfer to a saucepan and warm on the stovetop over medium until warmed through.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.