Rich chocolate and sweet cherries combine to make one of the most decadent desserts out there: black forest cake. Unfortunately, commercial varieties of this sweet treat (which happens to use two healthy, antioxidant-filled whole foods) may be tarnished with heavily processed ingredients, additives, white sugar, and more. Why not try a healthier alternative? And yes, it'll satisfy your sweet tooth! All-natural cacao powder, or chocolate in its most natural and raw form, contains antioxidant flavonoids, while cherries are full of anti-inflammatory compounds. With an added date for sweetness, you'll love the taste and, even better, you'll feel great drinking it.
- 2 cupSpinach
- 1 cupCherries, frozen
- 1Dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cupAlmond Milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cupOats, rolled, gluten-free
- 1 tbspSuperfood Essentials Vanilla Plant-Based Protein
- 2 tbspCacao Powder
- Add ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.