Have you ever stumbled on a bizarre-looking, bright pink fruit in the produce section or at a farmers' market and thought to yourself, "What is that and how on earth do I eat it?" That exotic cactus fruit is a pitaya, also known as dragon fruit, and you can enjoy it in this sweet and fruity smoothie! Inside that beautiful rind are all the nutrients your immune system craves. Dragon fruit is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber, making it an excellent addition to your next smoothie. Combine its sweet and tart flavors with an energy-boosting banana and low-glycemic raspberries for a delicious and nutritious treat.
- 1 cupSpinach
- 1/2 cupDragon Fruit (Pitaya), frozen puree
- 1/2 cupRaspberries
- 1 1/2 cupAlmond Milk, unsweetened
- 1Dates, pitted
- 1/4 tspCinnamon, ground
- Add ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.