Mild and comforting oatmeal combines well with fruit and vegetable purées, like the beet puree, adding fiber and oaty goodness to your baby’s meal.
- 1/2 cup Oats, rolled, gluten-free
- 4 cup Water
- Add 1/2 cup of uncooked rolled oats to the Short Cup.
- Twist on the Milling Blade and mill into a fine powder.
- Add the milled oatmeal and 4 cups of water, breast milk, or prepared formula to a pot and cover until it boils.
- Once it hits a boil, turn down the heat to low and cook with cover on for 20 minutes.
- Test the consistency of the oatmeal cereal — if you want it thinner, add more water.
- Combine 2 oz fully cooled oats with 2 oz fruit or vegetable purée.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.